Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium saucepan, brown the ground beef. Strain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add butter, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic powder. Saute until tender.
- Add broth, ground beef, and crumbled bacon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add heavy cream/half & half, then cover and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, stirring until the cheese melts.