Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onions and celery for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and ranch seasoning and whisk to combine.
- Add cheddar cheese, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Stir in cooked chicken and crumbled bacon and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with additional cheddar, bacon, or green onions while serving, if desired.
Recipe Serves 6: 490 cal, 25g protein, 1.4 tsp sugar per serving.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.thecountrycook.net/crockpot-cheddar-bacon-ranch-potato-soup