Italian Sausage Stuffing
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 whole Eggs (set out at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Sage
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Eggs
1. In medium sized bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and 8 oz cream cheese until it's a smooth consistency.
2. Add the Rosemary, Sage, and Parsley seasonings to the mix and whip it until it's fully combined.
3. Add the Eggs and continue mixing the batter until smooth.
4. Mix the Flours and Baking Powder together in separate bowl, add 1/3 at a time to the batter and continue mixing until batter is nice and thick.
5. Spray muffin tin and fill each about 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. The muffins should be golden brown and pass the toothpick test.
7. Once cooled, cut muffins into cubes for stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large frying pan, brown and crumble Italian Sausage. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and saute Celery, Onion, and Mushrooms until tender and translucent.
- Place cubed Bread in pan with the sauteed vegetables. Add the Broth and Poultry seasoning, mix well. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add crumbled Sausage back to pan, mix all ingredients together. Stir in the beaten Eggs.
- Bake, covered in greased 1 ½-2 quart casserole for 35-40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.