Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 4 cups spinach or kale
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Brown and crumble sausage in a large skillet. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until clear, then add garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cauliflower, bacon, and sausage to the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add heavy cream and spinach, and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.